Our NZ Electric Bike Buyer’s Guide is different. It’s not our own propaganda!
MeloYelo’s Buyer’s Guide to EBikes has been compiled using information from a number of credible, third-party sources including:
- The Spinoff – https://thespinoff.co.nz/
- NZ EBike Review – https://electricbikesnz.com/
- Juiced Bikes – https://www.juicedbikes.com/pages/torque-vs-cadence-sensors
- Electrek – https://electrek.co/2018/06/07/electric-bicycle-hub-motors-vs-mid-drive/
- Electric Bike Forum – https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/main-forum/general-discussions/7891-what-is-your-efficiency-watt-hours-per-mile-with-your-ebike
- Explain That Stuff – https://www.explainthatstuff.com/electricbikes.html
The contents include:
- What is an ebike?
- Is an ebike cheating?
- What are the advantages?
- How much should I pay?
- Future serviceability
- Sensors: Cadence vs torque sensors explained
- Hub motors vs mid drive motors
You may also be interested in our popular article on which electric bike is best, where we discuss componentry and options to consider when buying an eBike in New Zealand.