Faulty good returns
In the unlikely event that a product you have purchased from MeloYelo becomes faulty, we are committed to meeting our obligations under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA).
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, is legislation that outlines the guarantees and rights of both the seller and consumer for products and services sold.
• Under the CGA, products sold by us must be safe, of acceptable quality, fit for the purpose they have been purchased for, match the description given, match the sample or demonstration model and be of acceptable condition when received by you;
• The CGA guarantees are in addition to any other warranty offer(s) provided by the manufacturer, or insurance provider (if applicable); and
• The CGA does not apply where the product has been misused, broken or improperly operated.
If a product sold by MeloYelo does not meet one of the guarantees detailed above or cannot be repaired within a reasonable period of time, we will either repair or replace the product with an identical product type.
In the event a product cannot be repaired, due to the nature of the fault (safety risk) or the failure is of substantial character (i.e. multiple product failures), you may choose either a replacement of an identical product type or a refund of the original product purchase price (excluding the purchase of services).
What we will do
When the product is initially returned, our agent will try to fix (troubleshoot) the problem in store, in consultation with MeloYelo. If your returned product is still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, and after assessment is found to have a manufacturing fault, the repair and all associated costs will be free of charge;
• If the product is outside of the manufacturer’s warranty period, but the fault is found to be a manufacturing fault this will be remedied in accordance with the CGA; or
• If the product is outside of the manufacturer’s warranty period, and the fault found on assessment is not a manufacturing fault, the cost of assessment and repair will be payable by the customer.
For further information and guidance, please refer to The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, Consumer Protection website: www.consumerprotection.govt.nz/general-help/laws-policies/consumer-guarantees-act
In order to seek a remedy under the Consumer Guarantees Act MeloYelo’s Agent may need to collect and share your personal information for the purposes of conducting a repair service with MeloYelo. Personal information may include your contact information, such as name, telephone number, e-mail and residential address.
When Returning Goods
Please supply proof of purchase and include all accessories, including original packaging. You may be asked questions by our friendly staff regarding the fault and use of the product. Please do not be offended as we may need to ascertain a description of the fault and the use of the product to determine if we are able to troubleshoot and fix the problem for you or if the product needs to be sent away for assessment and repair.
Please visit one of our stores or contact our friendly customer care team:
• Phone 0800 635 6935
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org