With the exception of our agents in Christchurch (EMegastore), Dunedin (Dunedin Electric Bikes), Kapiti (EBikes & Mobility) and Whanganui (Wanganui Electric Bikes), all of our other agents across NZ work from their garages at home. Part of the reason for this is that bike shops are typically located in urban centres or on busy streets, meaning it can be difficult to offer a comprehensive test ride in a safe environment.
Here’s the way the test-ride experience works at MeloYelo:
- Register your interest in a test ride using our online form here
- Show up at our agent’s premises at the agreed time;
- Our agent will have a chat with you about how you intend to use your e-bike, how far you plan to go on your longest ride, what sorts of terrain you will be riding on, etc. They will also take the time to answer any questions you might have. You will not feel any sales pressure. Our agents are renowned for their relaxed and informative approach to working with customers and there is certainly no obligation to make a purchase. After all, we understand that for most people, it takes between 3-12 months to make their e-bike purchase decision.
- Once our agent has learned these things, they will suggest one or more of our electric bike models for you to try – unless you already have a firm idea of which model you prefer.
- Our agent will equip you with a helmet, and give you riding instructions. Even if it’s been a few (or even many) years since you’ve ridden a bike, they’ll provide you with both a helping hand and a location that provides a safe environment for your test ride. They’ll even ride along with you if you like, and give you some instructions as you go.
- You will have ample time for a test ride. We certainly appreciate that you can’t get the feel of the bikes by riding 50 metres 🙂
- You will no doubt have more questions once you’ve been for a ride. No worries, we’re here to help.