Founded in 2016 and 100% kiwi owned, MeloYelo’s philosophy from the outset has been to do what’s right for the customer. That means we believe in asking the customer questions about how they will be using their bike and what sorts of distances they will be covering; we believe in educating our customers – providing them with the kind of knowledge they need to make informed decisions; we believe in fitting the bike to the customer so that their riding is as comfortable as possible; and we believe in delivering the kind of good old-fashioned customer service that is hard to find these days.
Armed with this set of beliefs, we asked ourselves “how can we deliver the best possible experience for the customer?”
The first answer was that we needed to find agents whom our customers could relate to and trust. Since the vast majority of our customers are baby boomers, we set out to find baby boomers to represent us – people with the same set of values as our customers – people who would take the time to educate and inform our customers and not come across as a pushy salesperson.
The second answer was that we needed to be able to directly train the people representing us, wherever possible. We have a comprehensive training programme, a wealth of online learning resources, and a National Service Manager who builds a trusting rapport with each of our agents. Our training is not only about technical knowledge, it is also about building a trusting and long-term relationship with our customers.
Hand-pick individuals – not businesses – to represent us. Find people who share our customer-focused values, and not be concerned with their age, nor be concerned about them preferring to work from their garages at home. And, in the few cases where we are represented by bike shops, make sure that they accept and adhere to our customer-focused philosophies.
The proof is in the pudding
We can pat ourselves on the back till the cows come home, but what really matters is whether or not our customers appreciate and value what we’re delivering. You can read loads of customer reviews here. But here are a few snippets:
- Buying from Brent (MeloYelo Auckland) was easy and informative. Great to have someone with knowledge and experience to answer questions and give advice. We felt more at ease knowing there’s backup or help on hand should anything go wrong and that there wasn’t any salesperson just trying to sell you one of many bikes in a shop.
- Bruce and Nancy (MeloYelo Hamilton) are great ambassadors for MeloYelo. Very low key sales approach that sits well with the demographic buying ebikes. The bike packages represent great value and compare very favourably to other offerings.
- Mike and Vera (MeloYelo Papamoa) are fantastic people. I cannot speak highly enough of them. Vera has taken time out of their busy day to give me tuition. If you are thinking about buying or wish to experience an ebike, these are the people to go and see. You won’t be sorry.
- Having evaluated a lot of ebikes, I finally chose a MeloYelo. Apart from the excellent sales service from Malcolm (MeloYelo Taupo), my MeloYelo ebike is exactly what I was after. I was really impressed with the thought that went into the design and that it was purpose-designed for my age group, making it the best out there for us older riders. Plus it is great to ride.
- MeloYelo ebikes are the best. Incredible value for money. The bikes are hardy, durable, quality products. The after-purchase service is unbelievable. Instant access to the local agent who will give help over the phone, or offers immediate service should the bikes need a tweak. We have bought 3 of these bikes. You would have to ask the question, “why would I pay twice the price for an inferior product with hopeless after-sales service?”
- Thank you to the team at MeloYelo EBikes Kapiti. My wife is thrilled with her new ebike and your professional services were tops. My wife appreciated being given the time to test ride an ebike with Shane, and time to ask questions. We didn’t feel rished into the sale.
- I recently purchased a MeloYelo ebike from David (MeloYelo Nelson). I’m unable to fault his professional attitude, his follow up service and his attention to detail. He has continue to assist and support me and offer solutions to any problems I may have. I would thoroughly recommend buying an ebike from him.
- I received my MeloYelo ebike yesterday. Gary (MeloYelo Marlborough), was awesome. We went to his home and saw all of the bike range and also got to try them out for ourselves. Gary is happy to answer any questions and is very knowledgeable about the bikes. It was great that Gary dropped my bike off at my home and then went for a ride with me and made any adjustments required while we were biking.