Several of the other e-bike brands that you may be considering (besides MeloYelo) have Dapu motors, while MeloYelo ebikes have Bafang motors. So, why did MeloYelo select Bafang?
MeloYelo works with a company – independent of our factory – who, since 2012, have specialised in quality control for a number of ebike brands in different countries (Germany, Australia, Italy, Switzerland, Canada, & USA). They have visited 200 different ebike factories in China, 20 factories in Taiwan, and numerous other factories in Poland and Bangladesh. When we told them back in 2016 that we wanted to be perceived as “the Toyota of ebikes” they chose our factory, and they chose our electric system.
So, why did they choose Bafang motors and electric systems for MeloYelo ebikes and not a lesser known brand like Dapu? Here’s what they’ve told us:
- Bafang electrics are more reliable
- The engagement of the Bafang motor is faster, smoother and more precise
- Bafang’s torque sensor is better (this is the part of the electric system that determines how much pedal assist power to deliver from the motor)
- Bafang offer more professional customer service
- Bafang have an internationally experienced technical and sales team and an internationally validated brand
- Bafang’s quality policy is better
- Bafang’s support team are both readily available and English speaking
For us Kiwis, it’s also reassuring to know that Bafang motors have been tested by Consumer NZ and passed with flying colours. You can read the Consumer NZ review here.
“The best way to appreciate and experience the Bafang motor is a test ride.
You can book a test ride with your nearest MeloYelo agent here.